Page 1 of 1

Bf3 - Preliminary Review

#1 User is offline   Darknight 

• BF2 Team Leader
  • Icon
  • Group: [G3]Soldier
  • Clan Tag:[G3TSOME]

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

ok so I really have played alot of multiplayer yet, but I have completed single player.

Graphics:

I have to run the graphics on low even though I am running dual gtx 295's, it does work on high but is very laggy. But over all even on low it is a very beautiful game, with immense detail.

Gameplay:

Single Player: I would suggest everyone have a go at single player for a couple of the levels as the game mechanics feel very different to other battlefields. After that stop playing single player. The story line has got to be one of the worst I have come across and the game play gets repetitive. There are a few cool things like the dog fighting in the jets but overall it's pretty much the same each level.

Multi-player: The maps are friggin huge, and in the maps filled with buildings, you are constantly scanning every window to see if their is someone there. I do like the customization system where you can choose to carry med packs or ammo no matter which gun you carry. As I said I really haven't played alot of multi yet but it looks very promising.

btw not a fan of having to launch a program and a web browser just to play the game

#2 User is offline   GameOver 

• Lieutenant General
  • Icon

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

I feel it's still got that BF2 feel overall
Graphics/sound are obviously far superior and the landscapes much more diverse

agree with you on the browser issue, have to load a program to log into a browser to load a server list and then a few minute (minimum) load time to even get into a map if it lets you at all.

Single Player, i'm playing that on medium level atm and dying constantly lol
MultiPlayer have played a few hrs in MP when it's no constantly kicking and or EA end server issues it's fun, easy to rack up points, easy to die but also easy to get kills.

Some things that bug me though in MP. some people have the ability to start each map in a vehicle like one guy spawned in the jet every single round every single time and ofcourse he was a base raper aswell.
when the rounds start people get movement in a staggered timeframe. ie 3 people get to move, then 3 more and so on which means if you are at the back end you can guarentee you wont get a vehicle.
and obviously it's laggy and buggy atm, then again what EA game isn't and BF2 was all the time too.

Unlocks need to be set during a relaunch of a map, can't do it from your character screen like in BF2
getting in maps with friends is hit and miss.
splash damage seems to be non existant atm, can lob tank shells right at someone's feet and them survive.

as for the graphics settings. i run my 6990 on max and it's fine, the lag is not graphic related for the most part.
i need more memory atm, seems the 8gb i was using isn't enough now when i have a 4gb graphic card lol

This post has been edited by GameOver: 01 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

#3 User is offline   chiseller 

• Staff Sergeant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Thanks DN and GO for the heads up. It will be a while till I get on the battlefield as I will have to build a new rig to play on so It will be an anxious wait, but I was keen to hear from some of you guys on your first impressions.

#4 User is offline   Darknight 

• BF2 Team Leader
  • Icon
  • Clan Tag:[G3TSOME]

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

i do really like the fact that MP is tactical. If you run in and start blasting away you won't live long, but if you are tactical with your squad and back each other up you have way more chance of surviving and killing the enemy

#5 User is offline   roDog 

• Master Gunnery Sergeant
  • Icon
  • Group: [G3]Committee Member
  • Interests:Shooting people,meh kniving them too!
  • Steam ID:G3roDog

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

Duly noted on the input guys-upgrade parts are here'

New Asus Mobo M5A88g EVO O/Clockable

AMD 3.3Ghz 1100T 6 core CPU

8Ghz 1333Hz DDR3 Memory

So at least i'm hoping to reduce lag dramas that have plagued me through B-Ops,am keen to load BF3 up,from what i've seen & you have pointed out DK

that squad based tactics will def be a key element to dominate the Battlefield!

#6 User is offline   GameOver 

• Lieutenant General
  • Icon

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

View PostDarknight, on 02 November 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

i do really like the fact that MP is tactical. If you run in and start blasting away you won't live long, but if you are tactical with your squad and back each other up you have way more chance of surviving and killing the enemy

I think it's funny i just go around taking flag after flag while others are busy dying and or racking up kills. being tactical and not getting involved in the fire fight you get more medals and points lol

View Postrodog, on 02 November 2011 - 05:44 PM, said:

Duly noted on the input guys-upgrade parts are here'

New Asus Mobo M5A88g EVO O/Clockable

AMD 3.3Ghz 1100T 6 core CPU

8Ghz 1333Hz DDR3 Memory

So at least i'm hoping to reduce lag dramas that have plagued me through B-Ops,am keen to load BF3 up,from what i've seen & you have pointed out DK

that squad based tactics will def be a key element to dominate the Battlefield!

you do realise lag isn't all your end right lol
you can have the best system possible and still get lag i know i do, thats never gonna change aslong as games are housed in US and European servers and said areas contain alot of players compared to Australians and New Zealanders with our crappy internet.

as for the specs, should be fine, whats the GPU? I tend to think AMD is a fallen angel they were good and innovative, but since Intel became comparitive in price AMD has fallen behind by along way. you can get more bang for your buck out of a 2600K and for only $300. 8gb is more then enough memory unless you have a 4gb video card (points at myself) lol

#7 User is offline   Davron 

• Field Marshal
  • Icon

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

Alright so i bought a new system to play this bad boy, after building a new system and a quick setup i installed the game.

I went straight into online play without changing a setting.
The gfx is amazing and the game play is awsome.
Played 2 rounds then went to bed.

Played single player for 2 rounds and went back to online.
Havent played single player since, just want to keep ranking up and unlocking all the toys.

I dont think its campairable to BF2, this is a great engine very well implemented.
The only lagg i have recieved was server side or bug issues, it seems to come and go depending on some build up in the server. a map change always cleans it up.

According my system monitor i am only useing %50 of its potential while playing BF3 to the max...
All in all i am happay as a pig in sh*t and cant wait to turn it on.

#8 User is offline   roDog 

• Master Gunnery Sergeant
  • Icon
  • Interests:Shooting people,meh kniving them too!
  • Steam ID:G3roDog

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

I do know lag isn't always my end GO,upgrading to cancel out my end lag issues,realising server lag & ping of other players in servers contribute to lag,

in saying that my rig was slightly under min requirements for B-Ops,even after updates & legit config mods-legal & suggested by admins on CG ladder

my system was always suffering from lag-min req on back of box was dual core 6600hz,my dual core was a 4200hz & CPU was always running at max

GPU is GTX285 Black Edition O/C,not sure on Hz will get in & have a look but

#9 User is offline   JerryUnany 

• Draftee
  • Icon
  • Group: NEW:Members
  • Clan Tag:JerryUnanyNU
  • Steam ID:Portugal

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:00 AM

I like your introduction. I often hate introductions, but thats because theyre 30 seconds long and often very terrible. 10 seconds for a throwback? Will do.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Time Now: Jan 21 2018 10:29 PM