Team Fortress 2 eh...

#1 User is offline   SMG13 

• Master Sergeant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: [G3]Soldier
  • Clan Tag:[G3TSOME]
  • Steam ID:chicko747

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

The many trailers leading up to the release of TF2 made it look like a very fun game, and maybe for some it is, but for me, it was sort of a let down.

The graphics are quite good, and the cartoony approach makes the game less serious, unfortunately this just brings in a bunch of nine year old kids high on red cordial. I will admit that im no 1337 pwnerer when it comes to this game(unlike DC tongue.gif), and I will need plenty of practice to get better. I was expecting this game to be a lot better because there are no grenades. I was wrong. Spawning as demoman gives you the choice of using your standard grenade launcher, or shooting a crapload of sticky bombs that you can choose when to detonate. The standard soldier's main weapon is a f*%#ing rocket launcher, here we have an infantry only game, with a semi-automatic rocket launcher as a default weapon. We also have the Scout, which is basically the soldier with speed hacks and a crappy shotgun instead. The game is too fast paced and the maps are too small and complex to use my favourite kit sad.gif, the sniper. Next we have the Heavy / Medic team. Basically you have a huge bitch standing there with a massive minigun and a medic by his side constantly healing him, and using his uber watcha ma call it to make him invulnerable.

From the rounds that I have played this is basically it: Capture control points, set up 400000000000000000 gun turrets, and run around with sticky bombs and rocket launchers trying to blast the crap out of everyone while a bunch of scouts evade everyone. It seems the only way I can manage to rack up a half decent amount of kills is to choose the spy kit, go invisible and run into a bunch of 5 enemies (they like to stick together) and try and knife one. Although this is easier said than done. It takes nearly a second to come out of cloak, and then you can be standing right behind them, knife them and it misses them, and with nearly everyone in the whole fu*@%ng server bunny hopping, it makes it just that bit harder. Also im yet to find a sprint or run button, so this means your target has to be stationary otherwise you cant catch up to him, and its pointless running after him because by the time you catch up his buddies will be on your ass like a catholic priest and a small boy. Maybe my view will change if I actually bother to get better at this game, but it seems the cartoon graphics have appealed to the retards of australia, and their kids. Each time you enter a firefight your screen is filled with trails of rockets, guts on the ground (which is kinda cool), and grenades and sticky bombs at your feet with every step. Really the best thing about TF2 that i could find was the fact i could use all the models in garry's mod.

Final thoughts: If your into blood and guts, fast paced retarded gameplay, with mainly rocket launchers, then this is the game for you, if not, its worth it just for using in garry's mod tongue.gif, and i must admit, who doesnt like cloaking then knifing some guy when he leasts expects it tongue.gif Since getting this game ive only played a couple of hours, it just doesnt have the appeal to me that i was hoping it would. Who knows maybe one day ill get on, try it a bit more and find i like it, but for now its just not quite what im looking for.

This post has been edited by SMG13: 25 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

#2 User is offline   Panthro 

• Major
  • Icon
  • Group: [G3]Committee Member

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:00 PM

nice review mate seems a bit of a let down the TF2
what with TF in the original quake being such good fun

I hated TF classic (half life)

loved TF custom in Quake

#3 User is offline   GameOver 

• Lieutenant General
  • Icon

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

TF2 has funny graphics and sound effects, but its too repetitive.
Run, die, start again.

Too fast paced for me. Waste of $30 in my book, and the fact you can't sell it to anyone should you not like it (Steam Sucks)

#4 User is offline   kenny 

• Staff Sergeant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Civilian
  • Clan Tag:[g3tsome]

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

I SUC AT TIS GAME BOOHOOTHIS*

#5 User is offline   Darknight 

• BF2 Team Leader
  • Icon

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

bought orange box the other day and had to return it because I couldn't get steam to work and therefore couldn't install the games so...........

F@#$ you steam you useless piece of f@#$ing S##t, kiss my arse.

biggrin.gif

#6 User is offline   Turkey 

• Master Gunnery Sergeant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Steam ID:laff80

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:35 AM

yeahright.gif so Darknight, you saying your experience with the game was a little disapointing ?

#7 User is offline   Darknight 

• BF2 Team Leader
  • Icon

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:24 PM

maybe I am maybe I not.........

#8 User is offline   ratzy 

• Sergeant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Enemy Soldier

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

lol a letdown.. u only think that way cause ur no good at it

#9 User is offline   GameOver 

• Lieutenant General
  • Icon

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

Least you didn't create an account and buy the game through steam like i did, You are stuffed if you created an account. You can't sell your game/account or anything you purchased on it, as it's against Steams T&C.

Thank your lucky starts it didn't work for you DK.

Steam sucks ass, games update seemingly everyweek, and if you reinstall wndows it's a bugger to get it to recognize you backed up the game files so you don't need to redownload em or associated updates. Also Steams voice chat is crappy.

#10 User is offline   el-diablo 

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Enemy Soldier
  • Clan Tag:[G3TSOME] El-Diablo

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:26 AM

nice review mate seems a bit of a let down the TF2
what with TF in the original quake being such good fun

I hated TF classic (half life)

loved TF custom in Quake

I agree panthro

Page 1 of 1